Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Families are Forever!



I am so thankful for my family. It has been great to spend the last several weekends together. It is very strengthening to be together during this difficult time. After learning about Mom's cancer, I had this urgent feeling that I NEEDED to be with my brothers and sister. I even kept looking at the front door wondering when they were coming over. As soon as we were all together, I felt peace. That experience makes me believe that being together forever is so much more than we understand. We are deeply connected to each other in our family. We have to be together as a family in the next life because they are a part of who I am. I am not "me" without my family.



3 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Thanks Wendy, I hadn't cried all day. No but it is so true. We definately need eachother.

Scarcy Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your family. When I told the kids about it, they have been including your family in our prayers...hey, every prayer helps, right??? You are one of the strongest people I know Wendy and that will help you and your family through this tough time. We love and miss you guys!

masonchrissy said...

Wendy your words couldn't be any truer. We aren't anything without our families. I hope that I can choose to become closer to mine and not wait until I have to lean on them. You made me cry which isn't something I am good at. I hope you had some good girl time with your mom tonight. I hope her surgery tomorrow goes fine and hopefully your dad survived taking care of your sick kids.