Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Camp 2009

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Yesterday we started Summer Camp. I got to entertain 9 boys for 4 hours. And we had a blast! We did everything boys love to do...dirt, fire, and explosions. We started off with a hike up the mountain behind my house. It was a scavenger hike with a long list of things to find. Amazingly, they found most of the things on the list...minus the coyotes and crows. (Ben, I finally saw a crow this morning while jogging! They must be morning birds)
After our hike we came back to the house and made a fire and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. Everyone was safe and no one was hurt. :)
Then we made volcanoes and watched them explode. The volcanoes turned out great- they did it on their own.
It was so much fun to play with those boys all day. But by the end I was ready for a nap!



Checking out the tadpoles and then going TOO deep and getting their shoes stuck in the mud.


On your Mark, Get Set, Go!!!

My volcano shot higher than yours!!!

After the dirt, fire, and explosion's.... I was cleaning up with the hose and underneath we found a frog. I screamed and then the boys came to the rescue. They caught the frog and took it home.



4 comments:

The Smith Family said...

It looks like the boys had a blast. The toad was pretty big. Thanks again for taking Austin, he loved it.

Scarcy Family said...

Sounds fun, you gotta love boys!

Bethany said...

Thanks again, Tanner had a great time! (I'm going to have to talk to him about those signs he's flashing -- what's that about?)

It Just Keeps Getting Better said...

What would we do without Boys. They always know how to have fun! Hope you got our nap! Looks like they had a great time. You are amazing!