Wednesday, April 15, 2009

ALOHA!!

Aloha from the Silvers.....

We were real fortunate to take a family vacation to Hawaii. This was the first time we had to actually pay for ALL of the airplane tickets. That's what happens when the kids get older- but it was worth every penny! This picture is of our family at the top of a hike up Hauula Loop. It was a three mile hike and it took us 3 hours to hike it. Scott had to carry Landon the entire three hours! But it was so beautiful at the top.


This is Scott and Caleb chillin on the beach. They even have a Hawaiian umbrella for some shade. It was great weather and very relaxing.

Madison is jumping off the reef at our favorite secret beach. We are usually the only one on the beach and it has this perfect reef that makes a swimming pool. The kids love to jump off the rocks and fish for little fish.


Landon is so cute in this picture. I took sooo many pictures this vacation that posing became second nature for the kids.


Ethan was real excited to find a coconut in Hawaii. The first one I found him tasted like soap when we cracked it open. It was nasty! So Grandpa found a coconut at the neighbors. The boys were so excited to eat it. But the true taste of a coconut was a lot different than they expected. But they loved the coconut milk. That's part of the fun of Hawaii- tasting new things like coconut, guava, octopus, and poi.

On the North Shore there is a beach where Green Turtles like to hang out. We stopped and took a few pictures with them. It was so amazing to see these animals up close.



5 comments:

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

Soo FUN..and 100% jealous. That is so fun especially for the kids. It's making me want to go, but yah, that's a lot of kids to pay for now since they are all getting older!! Glad you guys had a great time, I couldn't imagine carrying him for 3 hours on a hike...I think i might have died lol!!!

Bethany said...

What a great trip!

Leticia said...

HOw fun!!!
That is something I want to do...Take the kids to Hawaii...WE HAVE never been and they keep asking to go!
Maybe next year for sure...I will have to save for it!!!
Looks like is was so FUN!!!!

Mahalo

Scarcy Family said...

That looks so fun. That's my dream, to take our kids to Hawaii, especially the older ones!

The Smith Family said...

So fun. Last week Ethan was like, "hey Austin have you ever drank the juice from a coconut?" Austin's like "uh I don't know." Ethan said, "I have" He was pretty excited about that.