Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Let me introduce you to my little friend.....
OCHO!
Ethan became a proud daddy of a tarantula we named Ocho. At school they had a unit study of Spiders. (Another way of saying Halloween!) They had a raffle for the spider. Parents had to sign a permission slip. So I signed it thinking...there's no way he will win! Well, the ugly thing was at our house by that evening.



While we were on vacation it got out of it's cage!! This humongous spider was loose in my house. My mom kindly told me it won't kill us- it just bites. Well, later they found Ocho. It was sitting next to our fake tarantula from Halloween. I guess he was lonely. I am amazed that we found the spider.

I would dump this thing in the mountains if I could. But Ethan is soooooo excited to have Ocho. I better get the "Mom of the Year" for this!


7 comments:

Kandice said...

That makes me sick just thinking of it getting out. I don't know if we can come visit now. :) I've always wanted to see one out here in the desert, I know they are out there, but I've never seen one. That story reminds me of the time my brother's pet rat got out of it's cage and made a home inside the couch.:) I'm glad you found it.

Andrea said...

Okay, Mom of the year would be an understatement! To have that thing loose in your house and then still keep it? Yea, Mom of the century would be more like it!

Areli said...

I gotta say you are so brave! I would've died if I knew something like that escaped and it was in the house some where! Ohhh! It gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

Scarcy Family said...

That's was awesome!!! I loved hearing that story, especially because that was your biggest fear. Oh well, you'll look back and laugh one day!!!

Grandma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian and Aubrey said...

No way! I can't believe you found that thing in your house. Can you imagine if you had not found it? There would be no way I could get in bed without thinking that it was crawling on me every 2 sec. You really do win the award!

The Smith Family said...

Ocho is pretty huge,I love how mom had the classic week of Grandma watching the kids. Spider getting out and all. Why haven't you posted pics of your vacation?