Marathon Mama!!
I did it!! I finally ran my first marathon. It has always been a goal of mine. One of those things that would be COOL to do. Early this year, some girls in my ward were interested in running the St. George Marathon. Surprisingly we all got in. So Saturday mornings consisted of long runs together- usually starting at 4 am. But it wasn't bad because we had so much fun chatting while we ran. I would have never made it to the finish line without that support group. Most people wouldn't consider running while the moon is still out as FUN, but it was a lot of fun!! I wonder what will be next!!!
Just Finished!! Now it's time to load up with Gatorade and Bananas!
My Cheerleaders!! Thanks Cara for coming out in the freezing cold rain to cheer- you still got it girl!
These guys kept me going. Just knowing they were at the end waiting for me kept me pushing through. Thanks Scott for helping me reach my goal.
7 comments:
Good Job Wendy! Your time was awesome!
Way to go Wendy! That's so awesome!!!
You guys are really an inspiration.
Areli
Christie said she saw you and wasn't sure your time, but thought it was fast...FAST is an understatement. That is awesome!
Way to go Wendy. That is great!!
I still can't believe you did that. Are you doing fun workout classes now? Now you can do a variety instead of only running.
Way to GO Wendy!!! Gosh how do you do that with 4 kids??? Let me know your secret... I need to get some excercise in !!!
What an accomplishment! I would love to do that too, one day!!!
Your R awesome!!!!
How fun. Maybe one year I'll join you for the 1/2 marathon. Your kids will be so proud to say, "My mom ran a marathon." It's awesome that you can do something so amazing for yourself. You deserve it because you're a wonderful mother. Way to go!!!
Post a Comment